January 31, 2011

Proud Parents!

I hate to brag but....I am so proud of my kids and how well they are doing here.  I was so worried when they started a new school and didn't know anyone and being the only LDS kids in the school really had me scared to death!  Fortunately, they are doing great and have adjusted so well and carried on without skipping a beat!  


Kaylon just received another straight "A" report card and got on the High Honor Roll.  He was also just awarded with the 
"Tiger Pride Award" at Thompson Jr. High which is the highest honor you can receive at the school!  His Science teacher nominated him and she had a lot of nice things to say about him.  They held a breakfast for the parents and had an awards ceremony to honor the kids that earned it.  
                        
He is also doing well in his church and Scout responsibilities.   He was just put in as the Deacon's Quorum President and is a Trainer in his Scout troop.  He just got back from the Klondike and had a great time!  He is currently working on his Eagle Project and expecting to receive it early this summer.  We have been getting him all registered for high school and I am still in denial that he is really going there next year.  I keep telling him that I was much older than he was when I went to high school and started the ninth grade!  (at least I thought I was ; )  He will be taking Honors Biology and Honors Geometry.  YIKES!  It's a good thing he got his Dad's smart brains cause he definitely didn't get them from me!  I'm still trying to figure out how      2 + 2 = 4!  Just kiddin' I'm not that dumb, but almost!   

Danielle also got straight "A's" this term and she too is doing great in school!  She has made lots of new friends and enjoys helping her teacher.  She has several handicapped kids in her class and she especially loves helping them and has grown to love them so much. She gets to go everyday and help out in the younger handicapped kids classroom and she has really developed a love and special relationship with the kids she takes care of.  They love her and get so excited when she comes in.  She has a really big heart and loves taking care of people.  She is growing like a weed and becoming quite the young lady.  Unfortunately, with that, comes mood swings, attitudes and lots of drama!  Heaven help me get through the teenage years!!!  She goes to Jr. High next year and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that either!
Sorry for gloating but I am just proud of what they have accomplished since we've been here and I like you all to know what's going on with us and our life in Illinois!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of them too and you shouldn't be ashamed to gloat over them! They are great kids doing great things! Love and miss you all! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome kids! You have good reason to be proud. But, teenage girls are no problem at all! Just ask my mom ;)

    ReplyDelete