Whew, that was rough but we made it!!! We received at least 18 inches of snow but it's really hard to tell cause it's so drifted and windy. We didn't get as much as downtown Chicago because they got the lake effect snow as well. The snowfall to me wasn't so bad but it was the wind that was the worst! It was sooooo windy and just blew the snow around until you couldn't see anything! The most interesting part to me was experiencing "thunder snow", in fact, I can't say that I even knew it existed. They've been talking about it on the news and saying that it is very rare and hardly ever happens but it sure did last night! It was pretty cool! It was snowing so hard and then the sky would light up with lightning and thunder. Our power was out for about 3 hours. I had been worried about it going out only because of not having any heat. We had plenty of food, lights and batteries but it's hard to keep warm when the temperatures are so cold. We were fine and just bundled up so it wasn't too bad. We were just crawling into bed when the power came back on so it worked out fine. This morning it was still snowing but not as bad and it's starting to clear up but it is still very windy! The main concern now is the cold air that is settling in, it's supposed to get 25-40 degrees below zero and now along with blizzard alerts they are having wind chill alerts! I wouldn't be surprised if school is canceled again tomorrow. Unfortunately, Rodger is out of town so myself and the kids have to try and dig out by ourselves. It's very deep and heavy and it might be awhile before we are dug out.







Wowsers! That is crazy. Bad timing with Roger being gone. I'm so glad you guys survived!
ReplyDelete