I did it again, I pulled off another surprise! I just recently returned from a trip to Utah! I originally was going so I could attend my nephews homecoming without him knowing I would be there but plans changed and they had to reschedule it. I already had my plane ticket so I decided to go anyway. There were only a couple of people who knew I was coming so we decided it would be fun to still make it a surprise and not let anyone else know I was coming. I was sooooo excited!! I love a good surprise (just not when it is done to me... hint, hint!). During the time before I would get there, I strategically planned how to pull my surprise off. I had Geri arrange for my sisters and mom to meet at Gardener's Village to have lunch, shop and see all the witches and fall festivities that they were having and then while they were eating lunch I would show up. We ended up going to "plan B" because Gardener's Village was so crowded it just didn't work so they arranged to meet at Olive Garden. We got there before the rest so Geri went in and got a table and waited for them to arrive while I waited out in the car. When I saw them get there I gave them enough time that they could order their drinks and be visiting and never suspect a thing. Of course I captured it all on tape and this is the reaction I got..... (Remember I was trying to walk, surprise and try to hug all while filming!)
Little Miss Macee
After the initial surprise we still had lots of people to let in on the secret! When we got to my parent's house, Lorraine went in to tell my Dad how the day went at Gardener's Village and she told him how cute some of the witches were and asked if he wanted to come out and see the one she got. This was his reaction ... (excuse the language)!
Now, it was off to see Bryce! They were just getting home from a camping trip so I went and hid in their garage so when they opened it I would be standing there. Well, Bryce had to use the bathroom REALLY BAD!! Needless to say, he had his pants undone and was making a mad dash to the bathroom and he ran right past me!! I think he was so focused on what he needed to do that is all he could think about! The picture shows him doing his pants back up after doing a double take and realizing that I was standing there! It was so good to see him, I love that boy!!
Cute Bryce and Lynette!
I had such a great time while I was in Utah and I did so many fun things! On Sunday, I went to my old ward in Saratoga Springs and was able to surprise them and visit with all my friends out there. It was so good to see everyone!! I felt right at home and like I had never left. It was funny to watch people when they saw me sitting there. They looked at me and thought I belonged there and then did a double take after realizing I didn't go there anymore. At last minute we were able to arrange a time to go to dinner with those that could go. It was so much fun to visit and get up to date on what had been going on. I miss all of them! Here's just a few of my Saratoga Spring Sisters...
Sunday night I went over to see the Draney's. I was hoping I could surprise them but they saw me drive up but I guess it was still a surprise to see me there! We had a good visit and it was good to see them.
Since I was in town, Lynette took me to get my toes painted for my early birthday present! It was so much fun to get to pick out what I wanted, there were so many choices! I love them! Thanks Nettie!!!
One of the highlights of my trip was going to the NICKELBACK concert!!!! They are one of my guilty pleasures! This was the third time I've seen them and they just keep getting better and better! They sure know how to put on a concert! I went with Geri, Cindy, Lail, Debbie and, her husband, Mike. It was so much fun and we all had a great time! This was another surprise that we pulled off. Debbie and Lail had no idea that I was in town or that I was going to the concert with them. It worked out perfect cause while we were on our way to SLC, Debbie texted me and said she was on her way to the Nickelback concert and wished I was there. I played along and told her how sad I was that I couldn't go and I would be thinking of her. I asked her to send me pictures of it and call me during one of their songs, she said she would. Little did she know that I was meeting up with her for dinner and the concert! When we got to the restaurant, Mike and Debbie were already there and seated so everyone went in but me and, again, I waited for them to order before I came in.
This was her reaction....
The concert deserves a whole post all on it's own so I'll give you just a little sneak peek and then post more about it later!
Here they are.....
OH, HOW I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!
So, after the concert, I slept over at Geri's house.
(Well, we didn't really sleep but stayed up talking until 5 a.m.)
It was fun! I wanted to document everything I did on my trip so, I had Geri take pictures of me pretending to be asleep on her couch but every time she went to take it I started laughing!
The next day we went back to Lehi and got ready for The Annual Pump House Halloween Bonco out to Cindy's. Again, not all of them knew I was in town so I wore a disguise so they wouldn't know who I was. We played a few rounds and then finally had the "unveiling" of who I was. Well, the joke was on me because there was someone else there that was in disguise and I had no clue who it was! I knew we needed a sub so I just figured it was someone Cindy had gotten to play. Well, come to find out, it was my best friend Janet!!!! I was shocked to see her! I would have never guessed it would be her! We had been trying all week to get together and couldn't ever work it out so when my mom found out we needed someone to play, she searched the world over trying to track Janet down to play! What a surprise! The joke was definitely on me this time!!!
I finally got to meet my niece, Lindsay's new baby, Payslie.
She is so cute and getting so big!
We decided to all spend the day together and go to lunch to celebrate the November birthdays since I won't be there for mine. We met at Los Hermanos and this time surprised my Aunt Mary Lynn and Aunt Lois! Bryce even took off work to come eat with us.
We had a great time visiting, had yummy food and got free fried ice cream for our birthdays!
We went shopping, drove around to see all the new sites around town and went to PG to make jewelry. Of course, the trip wouldn't be complete without driving by
"The Sister Wives" house!
The surprise trip turned out to be perfect!!! I couldn't have asked for it to go any better. I did get a cold while I was there, I couldn't quit coughing and didn't have a voice most of the time, especially after the concert! I pretty much got to see everyone I wanted to and do everything that I had planned. Considering that nobody knew I was coming it worked out with everyone's schedules and some even took work off to spend time with me which I greatly appreciated! Thanks to everyone that helped make my trip so special!

You're so hilarious! I had no idea you were here. Loie failed to tell me that! Wish I could've seen you while you were here. You got to see a lot of people while you were here!
ReplyDelete